Spicy Spinach Artichoke Vegan Grilled Cheese w/ Green Goddess Dipping Sauce
- 4 slices of Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grains Bread
- 1 c. chopped spinach
- 1 c. chopped marinated artichokes
- 1/2 c sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 c. vegan cheese shreds (we used mozzarella and cheddar)
- 3 tbs vegan parmesan
- 1/3 c. + 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c. + 1 tbs fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. fresh chives
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
For the Green Goddess Dipping Sauce:
- Add soaked cashews + 1 cup water to a blender and blend to create a cashew cream.
- Add fresh herbs (saving 1 tbs fresh parsley for the herb oil), lime juice, avocado, salt and pepper then blend again.
- Set aside to chill while you make the sandwich.
For the Grilled Cheese:
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp vegan parmesan, and ¼ tsp of sea salt and pepper. Set garlic-herb mixture aside.
- Chop and lightly sauté red onion and spinach in 2 tbs olive oil until wilted. Add 2 tbs vegan parmesan and the marinated artichokes. Mix, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside in small bowl for easy assembly.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan over medium heat. Brush garlic herb mixture on both slices of bread.
- Place bread garlic-herb side down into pan and assemble the sandwich with spinach and artichoke mixture, jalapeño slices, and vegan cheeses. Add top piece of bread, garlic-herb side facing outward.
- Toast on one side until golden brown, then flip and toast until cheese is melted and the other side is golden brown and crispy.
Slice grilled cheese and stack on plate, serve dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 2 servings (2 sandwiches)