Sprouted for Life!™
The popularity of sprouted grains is on the rise. Stories on the nutritional benefits of sprouting are popping up all over the web. And natural foods grocers are carving out more shelf space for sprouted grain and seed-based products than ever before.
Why? Because more and more people are finding out that the only way to unlock the vital benefits we expect from grains is to sprout them first. Here are some benefits you’ll get from sprouted grains:
Just a Few Examples of What Sprouting Does:
- Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body digests them more easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, like phytic acid and lectin so your body can more easily absorb nutrients.
- Increased Antioxidants – Sprouting releases natural antioxidants that are naturally stored in the grains and seeds.
- Increased Vitamin and Mineral Content - Sprouting helps to increase vitamins and nutrients and can help lower the glycemic index found in grains.
In addition to all the vital benefits you’ll receive from sprouted foods, we at Food for Life, craft our food to promise you even more integrity.
- We use only freshly sprouted certified organic grains.
- Our products are Kosher Certified and Vegan.
- We use absolutely no flour and apply slow baking techniques to preserve important natural fiber and bran.
- We don't use any genetically modified organisms (GMO’s)
- We don’t use refined sugars. Instead, we use malted barley, which is a natural sweetener produced from sprouted barley, a complex carbohydrate which tends to be lower GI to promote GI health.
- We don’t use anything artificial – preservatives, colors, or shortenings.
- We use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.
Our Sprouted Grain Offerings