Sprouted for Life!™
Cooking classes on how to sprout and bake with your own seeds and grains are on the rise. Stories on the nutritional benefits of sprouting are popping up all over the web. And natural foods grocers are carving out more shelf space for sprouted grain and seed-based products than ever before.
Why? Because more and more people are finding out that the only way to unlock the vital benefits we expect from grains is to sprout them first. Here are some benefits you’ll get from sprouted grains:
- Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Antioxidants – Sprouting releases more antioxidants that are naturally stored in the grains and seeds.
- Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6
In addition to all the vital benefits you’ll receive from sprouted foods, we at Food for Life, craft our food to promise you even more integrity.
- We use only freshly sprouted certified organic grains.
- Our products are kosher.
- We use absolutely no flour. Studies have shown that grinding grains into flour increases the surface area upon which enzymes in the body can work to more. quickly convert starch into glucose.
- We don't use any genetically modified organisms (GMO’s)
- We don't use refined sugars. When sugar is refined and processed there are many harmful ingredients that are added to the sugar as a result. Instead, we use malted barley, a natural sweetener produced from sprouted barley, which is basically a carbohydrate comprised mostly of complex carbohydrates rather than the "sugar" carbohydrates.
- We don’t use anything artificial – no preservatives or shortenings.
- We use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.
Our Sprouted Grain Offerings