- 1 small beet
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened, divided
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- ½ small avocado, pitted and diced
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 slices Food For LifeⓇ 7 Sprouted Grain Bread, lightly toasted
- Fill a pot with water, and add beet and carrot. Bring water to a boil, cover, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 15-20 minutes. Let cool slightly and peel beet.
- In a food processor combine carrot and half of cream cheese and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Wipe out food processor.
- In food processor combine beet and remaining cream cheese and pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl mash avocado with lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Spread 1 slice of bread with avocado and top with spinach. Top with a second slice of bread, then spread with carrot mixture. Top with a third slice of bread, spread with beet mixture, then top with remaining slice of bread. Cut into quarters or strips.