Cinnamon Raisin Apple Pie Panini
- 6 slices Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 1 green apple
- 1 red apple
- 1 cup walnuts
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup + 1 tbs maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Whip together 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese with 1 tbs of maple syrup. Refrigerate until it is time to craft the sandwich.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of walnuts, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tbs melted coconut oil, and 1 cup of maple syrup. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake until golden and fragrant, about 15 minutes. Let cool while you prep the rest of the panini.
- Core and slice the red and green apples right before you build your panini. Layer the sweet mascarpone cheese on the bottom slice of bread and stack with apple slices and toasted cinnamon walnuts. Spread the sweet mascarpone on the inside of the top slice and assemble the sandwich.
- Add an optional swipe of coconut oil to either side of your sandwich and place on a grill pan or a panini press until the outsides are golden brown and crisp.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
This recipe serves 3-4.