Banana Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
By Sarah ”Ms. Whisk”
- 2 ½ c almond milk (used Silk Almond Milk)
- 2 large ripe bananas, puree (1 cup puree)
- 10 Slices Food For Life® Ezekiel 4:9® Cinnamon Raisin Whole Grain Sprouted Bread
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar mixed with ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the bread, ours was frozen took about 5 mins per side maybe. Alternatively you could toast it in the toaster. Reduce oven to 350 when bread is done.
- Spray a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with non stick cooking spray, I like coconut oil spray. Tear the bread into pieces. Alternatively you could just cut it into chunks but this is the part I helped my grandma with as a kid and the girls like to do. Place the pieces in the pan.
- Puree bananas if you have not already done so. In a bowl mix banana puree, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the bread pieces and let sit for 5 minutes. GENTLY move the bread around after 5 minutes making sure all pieces are coated but be careful not to stir and make mush.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Add optional topping and bake another 10 minutes. If not adding the topping you can just bake it for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and eat warm or cooled. Enjoy it warm with a little milk poured over the top. Maybe cool and top with fresh fruit and cream, milk, or however you use to have it as a kid or how you like it!