4 Ingredient Chicken Nuggets
By Nikki Ettig
- 1 slice of Food For Life® 7 Sprouted Grains Bread
- 1/2 tsp of garlic and herb ms. dash
- 6 oz. of chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut chicken into 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place Food for Life bread in toaster until crispy, but not burnt.
- Once toast is finished, break bread into pieces and place in a spice grinder or small blender.
- Add in seasonings.
- Blend until you get bread crumbs.
- Dump bread crumbs into a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl add in your egg white and mix.
- See tip at the bottom, dip a chunk of chicken into egg white mixture and then into bread crumb mixture.
- Using your other hand (not eggy one) cover chicken piece fully with bread crumbs and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Repeat till you have no chicken chunks left or bread crumbs remaining.
- Once oven is preheated to 400 F place your "clean" chicken nuggets in and cook for 20-23 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, cut open a large nugget piece to check doneness, no one likes undone chicken.
- If chicken is cooked, let cool for 10 minutes before eating, if chicken is still undone to your liking, place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
I recommend eating them with sweet potato fries. Condiments are welcome (low or no sugar) for dipping, but I recommend eating them plain! Makes one serving.