Tofu and Roasted Broccoli Sandwiches
- 14-ounce block firm or extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 5 cups small broccoli florets (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons preferred Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 slices Food For Life® Sprouted For Life Gluten Free Bread, toasted
- ½ cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Cut tofu into ½” thick slices. In a small bowl stir together tamari and maple syrup. Lay tofu slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides with tamari mixture. On second baking sheet toss broccoli with oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast tofu and broccoli until both are browned, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender combine cucumber, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Blend until very smooth.
- Lay bread on a countertop and divide tofu, broccoli, and roasted peppers between 2 of the slices. Drizzle generously with tahini sauce and top with remaining bread slices.