Sundried Tomato Pesto Pizzawich
For sundried tomato pesto:
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
For vegan ricotta:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or other unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices Food For Life® Sesame Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 8 basil leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Marinara sauce
- In a food processor combine tomatoes, basil, and garlic and pulse until finely ground. With machine running, slowly add oil until combined.
- In a medium bowl stir together almond flour, milk, oil, yeast, lemon juice, miso, salt, and oregano until combined.
- Spread pesto on 2 slices bread, then top with ricotta, basil, red pepper flakes to taste, and remaining bread slices.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and cloves start to brown, about 2 minutes. Push garlic cloves to side of pan and add sandwiches. Toast, flipping once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.