Summer Veggie Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Roasted red pepper spread:
- 1 cup jarred roasted bell peppers, drained
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs made with Food For Life® Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ¼” thick slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1” wide strips
- 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
- 4 slices Food For Life® Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Sprouted Whole Grain Bread, toasted
- Alfalfa sprouts
- In a food processor combine peppers, walnuts, bread crumbs, oil, vinegar, agave, pepper flakes, garlic, salt, and cumin. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill fire or heat a grill pan over medium until hot. Brush zucchini and bell pepper with oil and grill, turning once, until tender and both sides have grill marks.
- Lay bread slices on a countertop and spread generously with red pepper spread. Top with zucchini, bell pepper, and sprouts.
- Store any leftover pepper spread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.