Curried Chicken Salad
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Bread
- 2 Chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 large kosher dill pickle, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped fine
- a handful or so of chopped raisins or dried cranberries (I used a 50/50 mix of both)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Cook the chicken breast with a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic until no longer pink. I pan roasted mine with the lid on.
- Chop the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and place into a mixing bowl
- Now just toss all of the ingredients together. I add the salt and pepper and lemon juice last, and adjust to get the acid/salt balance just how I like it. Flavor improves after a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- This comes out sweet and savory and my son and I split one sandwich with a bit of salad and we're full and happy.