Carie’s Stuffed Zucchini Makeover
By Carie Livingston
- 8 fresh zucchini
- 5 mushrooms
- 1 lb. 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- 3 slices Food For Life® Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 cup Kraft – Low Fat Mexican Shredded Cheese (2%)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup Prego Heart Healthy Spaghetti Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise & spoon out insides.
- Place 1/4 cup water in a microwave safe dish and zucchini to it.
- Pop it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes until it is tender-crisp.
- While the Zucchini microwaves combine ground beef, onion, mushrooms, & spices.
- Cook together until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Crumble Ezekiel bread into fine bread crumbs.
- Mix thoroughly the meat mixture, bread crumbs, cheese (reserve a Tbsp of cheese for topping), egg white, & spaghetti sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon into zucchini halves and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over stuffed zucchini.
- Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Makes 8 servings at about 188 calories per serving.