Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Elbows
Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Elbow Pasta (2 cups)
For 'Mac and Cheese' Sauce:
- Olive Oil (2 tsp)
- Diced Onions (1/2 cup)
- Butternut Squash (2 cups)
- Water (2 cups)
- Soaked cashews (1 cup)
- Sea salt (1 tsp)
- Pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Garlic powder (1/2 tsp)
- Smoked Paprika (1/2 tsp)
- Nutmeg (1/4 tsp)
- Dijon Mustard (1 tsp)
- Lemon Juice (2 tbs)
- Nutritional Yeast (1/2 cup)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Pour olive oil and diced onions into frying pan and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add butternut squash and 2 cups of water. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the butternut squash softens.
- Drain the butternut squash and onion mixture and pour into a blender.
- Add soaked cashews, seasoning, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and water (1/2 cup) into the blender with the butternut squash. Blend until smooth.
- Boil the Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Elbow Pasta and cook for 4.5 minutes. Drain the water.
- Pour the butternut squash ‘mac and cheese’ sauce over the pasta and stir.
- Garnish with parsley.