Beet and Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grated raw beet
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (Ezekiel 4:9 bread crumbs and rice flour can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Wheat Burger Buns, toasted
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, add beans, and coarsely mash with a fork or potato masher. Add quinoa, beet, flour, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. Divide and shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Lightly brush burgers with remaining oil and place on baking sheet. Bake until browned on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Flip and cook second side until brown, 10 minutes more.
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocado, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt until chunky. Place burgers on buns, and top with avocado mixture and sprouts.