Vegan Kale and Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces firm or extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ bunch lacinato or dinosaur kale, stems removed, shredded
- 2 Food For Life® 7 Sprouted Grains English Muffins, split and toasted
- 1 small avocado, pitted and sliced
- In a medium skillet warm oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and pepper until softened, 6-8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl toss tofu with nutritional yeast, salt, and turmeric. Add tofu to skillet and cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 5 minutes more.
- In a large skillet combine kale and 2 tablespoons water. Bring water to a boil, cover, and steam until kale is wilted, 3 minutes.
- Divide tofu and kale between 2 English muffin halves and top with avocado and remaining English muffin halves.