Orange Spiced Gingerbread French Toast Bake
For the Orange Spiced Gingerbread French Toast Bake:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Defrost, split open, and cube 6 Food for Life Gluten-Free Brown Rice English Muffins or regular Ezekiel 4:9 English Muffins. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to create the gingerbread spice mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, 2 cups non-dairy milk, orange zest, gingerbread spice mix, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and ¼ c maple syrup until combined.
- Add the cubed English muffins to a 9x13 casserole dish that is greased with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Pour the French toast mixture over the cubed English muffins and mix until each piece is thoroughly coated and the mixture is absorbed. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or skip to the next step if baking immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake until the casserole is set, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and additional orange zest. Enjoy!
This recipe serves 6-9.