Mediterranean Spring Pita
- 1 (14.5oz) can or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Food for LifeⓇ 7-Grain Pocket Breads
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- On a sheet pan, toss together chickpeas, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and cumin. Roast until browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add 2 tablespoons cold water or until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Cut off top ⅓ of pocket breads and stuff with lettuce, cucumber, onion, olives, and chickpeas and drizzle with tahini sauce. Reserve leftover tahini sauce for more pita sandwiches or as a dressing for salads.