Mango Black Bean Burritos
For the crema:
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1½ cups brown rice
For the salsa:
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño or habañero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 Food For Life® Black Rice Tortillas, warmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, cover cashews with warm water and let soak for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse, then transfer them to a blender. Add 6 tablespoons water, nutritional yeast, lime juice, and salt and blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine rice and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine mango, avocado, pepper, garlic, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
- Lay out tortillas on a work surface. Divide rice between them, then top with black beans and mango salsa. Fold in sides of tortilla then roll up to enclose filling. Serve with crema.