CRISPY CHICKPEA CAESAR SALAD POCKETS
- Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Pocket Bread
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch dino kale, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Optional: vegan parmesan cheese for serving
For The Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 2 tbs minced capers
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
For the Crispy Chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat chickpeas dry and add to a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil over the chickpeas and shake to coat. Add ½ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, 1 tsp paprika, and ¼ tsp cayenne to the chickpeas and mix again so the spices are distributed evenly.
- Roast in oven until crispy, about 30 min, shaking frequently. Set aside until time for assembly.
For the Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- Using a medium-sized bowl, combine 2 cloves of roasted garlic, 2 tbs capers, ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, and 2 tbs lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until time for assembly.
- To assemble, toss chopped romaine and kale with a few spoonfuls of dressing in a bowl. Add the dressed greens to an Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Pocket Bread , top with the crispy chickpeas and enjoy!
This recipe serves 2-3.