Vegan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1¼ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) silken tofu
- 2 canned chipotles in adobo, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 Food For Life® Sprouted Whole Grain Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Poke several holes in sweet potatoes with a paring knife and place directly on oven rack. Place a baking sheet on a rack below sweet potatoes to catch any drips. Bake until tender, 45-60 minutes. Peel and transfer to a bowl along with ½ teaspoon salt. Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- In a medium skillet, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook 1 minute. Stir in beans and heat through.
- In a food processor purée tofu with chipotle, adobo sauce, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spread sweet potato on 2 of the tortillas, then top with black beans. Place remaining tortillas on top. In a large nonstick skillet warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add quesadillas 1 at a time and brown on both sides. Serve with chipotle crema.