Vegan breakfast taco
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- Salt to taste if desired
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- Several shakes of your favorite hot sauce (I like Tapatio)
- Fresh spinach
- 4 Ezekiel 4:9 ® Taco Size Whole Grain Tortillas
- Place drained tofu in a bowl and mash with a potato ricer. This will give the appearance and texture of cooked scrambled eggs.
- Coat a pan with cooking spray and heat it over a medium heat. Dump the mashed tofu into pan. Sprinkle with turmeric. As it warms, stir mixture gently. The turmeric will turn your tofu yellow and will now resemble scrambled eggs. Stir occasionally until tofu is heated through, about 10 minutes. Salt if desired. Remove from heat.
- While the tofu is cooking, slice an avocado, remove the pit, and scoop into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until it's flattened. Squeeze the lime over the avocado, add a few shakes of hot sauce and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Warm the Ezekiel tortillas in a hot pan, over an open flame (preferred) or microwave.
- To assemble your tacos, spread about a tablespoon of guacamole mixture on half of each tortilla, layer with fresh spinach, and finish with about 1/4 cup of the tofu "eggs". Fold tortilla in half and enjoy your healthy breakfast!
*Note: also delicious for dinner.