Sprouted Tortilla Apple Strudel
By Sarah “Ms. Whisk”
Version 1: Makes 1 serving
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (used a Pink Lady)
- 1 sprouted tortilla, large 10″ size (used Food For Life® Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Whole Grain Tortillas)
- 1/2 tsp lucuma powder (used Navitas Naturals® Lucuma Powder)
- 1 tsp mesquite powder (used Navitas Naturals® Mesquite Powder)
- 1/2 tsp coconut palm sugar (used Navitas Naturals® Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl mix together chopped apple, lucuma, mesquite, coconut palm sugar and cinnamon (or for version 2 it will be agave, cinnamon and apple and then sprinkle corn starch over top and mix).
- Heat tortilla in the microwave to soften, this is key or your tortilla will tear.
- Place apple mixture in the middle of tortilla and fold like a burritos folding in the ends and then wrapping the sides.
- Place on a non stick baking sheet or foil lined baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil seam side down.
- Make a couple of slits in the top of the tortilla.
- Mix the coconut palm sugar and cinnamon together for the topping, this will be way more than enough I just have this mixture sitting around as my cinnamon sugar.
- Lightly brush the top of the tortilla with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place strudel in the oven and bake 12 - 15 minutes. Slightly longer if you want really soft apples, I like mine with some bite, just watch that the tortilla don’t get too brown.
- Remove, let cool slightly, and enjoy!