Sprouted Corn Tortillas Vegan Nachos
Food For Life® Sprouted Corn Tortillas (1 package of 12 tortillas)
Raw cashews (2 cups)
Nutritional yeast (3/4 cup)
Cumin (1 tsp)
Chili powder (1 tsp)
Smoked paprika (2 tsp)
Onion powder (1 tsp)
Lemon juice (3 tbs)
Garlic clove (1 whole)
Cold water (4 cups)
Nacho toppings (optional/as desired)
- Red onion
- Sweet corn
- Soak raw cashews in water overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400◦F.
- Arrange 12 Sprouted Corn Tortillas in a single stack.
- Cut tortillas with a sharp knife into six equal “tortilla chip” triangles.
- Arrange pieces without overlap on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400◦F for 10 minutes until crisped.
- Drain cashews and add to blender.
- Add nutritional yeast, spices, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Add three cups of water, reserving one cup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan.
- Add remaining 1 cup of cold water.
- Simmer on low heat for 7 minutes.
- Arrange baked tortillas on a serving plate.
- Add vegan cheese sauce mixture.
- Top with favorite nacho toppings such as cooked black beans, jalapenos, red onion, raw sweet corn, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro and avocado.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.