Crispy Tofu Dragon Bowl
- 1 ½ cups short grain brown rice
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup Ezekiel 4:9Ⓡ Flax Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped
- 1 large beet, peeled and shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- While rice cooks, add peanut butter, coconut milk, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, pepper flakes, and garlic to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 425℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment. Cut tofu into ½” thick slices, then cut each slice into 2 triangles. Dry thoroughly. In a shallow bowl, whisk together soy milk, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Place cereal in a second shallow bowl. Dip tofu in soy milk mixture, then in cereal, and place on baking sheet. Bake until tofu is crisp and browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- To a medium skillet, add kale, a pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until kale is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide rice between bowls and top with tofu, kale, beet, carrot, and peanut sauce. Reserve and refrigerate leftover peanut sauce.