Tofu Summer Vegetable Curry with Garlic Pita
- 4 pieces of Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Pocket Bread
- ½ block of extra firm or firm tofu, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup eggplant, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbs jalapeno, minced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tbs curry paste
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup of basil, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
For the Tofu Vegetable Curry
- Add 1 tbs olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add ½ cup diced onions and sauté for a few minutes until translucent. Add 1 tbs minced garlic, 1 cup of chopped eggplant, 1 cup of sliced zucchini, 1 tbs of minced jalapeno, and 1 cup of sliced yellow squash and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once veggies are softened, add 2 tbs curry paste and mix. Cook the curry paste for 1-2 minutes before adding 1 can of coconut milk and ½ block of cubed tofu.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes. Take curry off heat and stir in 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil.
For the Garlic Pita
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Pocket Bread with mixture of 1 tsp minced garlic, olive oil, ½ tsp sea salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Place the pita bread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until the bread is nice and crispy.
- Slice into fourths and serve with tofu veggie curry. Enjoy!
This recipe serves 3-4.