Frozen Mango Coconut Bars with Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Cereal Crust
- 1 ½ cups Ezekiel 4:9 Flake Cereal
- 1 cup toasted coconut chips + ¼ cup for decoration
- 1/3 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup water
- 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1/3rd cup nondairy milk (we suggest coconut milk!)
- 1 cup coconut whipped cream
- 1 fresh ripe mango, sliced into 10 pieces
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs lime zest
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse 1 ½ cups Ezekiel 4:9 Flake Cereal, 1/3rd cup pitted Medjool dates, and 1 cup of the toasted coconut chips to create a rough crumb. Add 1/3rd cup water until mixture comes together like wet sand.
- Into a 9x9 square pan, add a sheet of parchment paper to assist with removing the bars. Press crust mixture into the pan and flatten. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees, then set aside until cool.
- Clean out food processor/high-speed blender. Add 1.5 cups of frozen mango, 1 tbs lime juice, 1 tbs lime zest, and 1/3rd cup coconut milk and blend to a smooth consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together 1 cup coconut whipped cream and the mango puree until homogeneous, making sure not to over mix the coconut whipped cream.
- Take your pan with the crust and add your filling mixture. Smooth the top with a spoon and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and slice into 10 bars. Top with remaining toasted coconut and sliced mango to decorate. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 10 servings.