Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 6
- Ezekiel 4:9 Original Sprouted Flake Cereal (¾ cup)
- ½ tsp salt
- Almond flour (¼ cup)
- Cane sugar (1/3cup)
- Walnuts (½ cup)
- Cinnamon (½ tsp)
- Coconut Oil (¼ cup)
- Ezekiel 4:9 Original Sprouted Flake Cereal (1/3 cup)
- Apples (2 cups)
- Cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Coconut Oil ( 2 tsp)
- Salt (½ tsp)
- Lemon Juice (1 tsp)
- Maple Syrup (3 tsp)
For Coconut Cream Sauce:
- Coconut Cream (13 oz can)
- Maple Syrup (1/3 cup)
Note: Refrigerate 24 hours in advance (and after) in order to hold shape.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, or with your choice of oil.
- In a food processor, add cereal, salt, almond flour, cane sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and coconut. Pulse until mixture is crumbly and well-incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, coconut oil, salt, lemon juice and maple syrup. Mix well with spatula.
- Pour apple mixture into baking dish, top with crumbles and more Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Flake Cereal (1/3 cup) for garnish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- While the apple crisp is baking, scoop the coconut cream into a bowl and add 1/3 cup of maple syrup. Use a mixer to whip coconut cream until it is a fluffy consistency.
- After 35 minutes, or when topping is a nice, golden color, remove the apple crisp from the oven. Garnish with coconut cream sauce.
- Be sure to serve while warm. Enjoy!