What is Sprouted Grain Bread and What Health Benefits Does It Offer
Sprouted grain bread is a healthy alternative to white flour or whole grain flour bread. Sprouted grain breads are becoming popular among health conscious people and those with mild sensitivities to wheat or gluten because of the health benefits when compared to white flour. Although, someone with moderate to severe gluten intolerance, Celiac disease, Crohn's disease, and allergies should not consume any type of product containing gluten. Even sprouted grains still naturally contain gluten. Sprouted grain bread is better not only because it uses the whole grain, but the process sprouted grains go through actually breaks down the proteins and carbohydrates in the grain, increasing vitamin content to the consumer.
The sprouted grain process involves soaking the grains in water until they begin to grow a sprout. The growing environment is highly controlled, including the water temp, air temp, and the time grains are allowed to sprout. Once the grains sprout, they are drained and mixed together to be ground up and used. Before the sprouted grain is used, it is a living food. Enzymes are released during the sprouting process, which break down proteins and carbohydrates. This process helps make sprouted grain food low glycemic and easier to digest. Traditional grain breads are harder to digest, and the body loses a good portion of the nutrients because it is unable to digest them. Sprouted grain breads provide the body with grain that has already been broken down due to the enzymes that exist in the living sprouted grain. Nutrients are absorbed immediately into the body, and are not lost in the digestive process.
The Significance of Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Breads to Healthy Living
The sprouted grain bread concept is not new. Food for Life began sprouting grains over 60 years ago to use in breads. Eating grains is mentioned in the Bible in Ezekiel 4:9, and seeds and herbs in Genesis 1:29. Food for Life has taken these recipes from the Bible and brought it to modern day health food by sprouting them to make them even more healthful. These recipes provide the body with essential amino acids needed for healthy living.
Sprouted grain breads truly unlock the vital benefits our bodies need from grains. Some of the known benefits include: increased digestibility, increased absorption of minerals, increased antioxidants, and increased vitamin C and vitamin B.
Sprouted Grain Bread from Food for Life
All Food for Life products are kosher. There is absolutely no flour used in any of our products. We only use freshly sprouted certified organic live grains. We never use any genetically modified organisms (GMO's). We do not use any refined sugars or anything artificial. That means no preservatives or shortenings of any kind are used in our sprouted grain breads or any of our products. We use a slow-bake process to preserve the natural bran and fiber benefits of grains.
Food for Life has many sprouted grain breads and other healthy products available. Some of the most popular Sprouted Grain Breads and related products include:
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Whole Grain Bread
- Ezekiel 4:9 Flax Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- Ezekiel 4:9 Low Sodium Whole Grain Bread
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- Ezekiel 4:9 Almond Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Whole Grain Cereal
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Whole Grain English Muffins
- Ezekiel 4:9 Flax Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Sprouted Grain Burger Buns
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain English Muffins
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Hot Dog Buns
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Fettuccine
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Penne Pasta
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Spaghetti
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Tortillas
- Ezekiel 4:9 Taco Size Whole Grain Tortillas
Other products available from Food for Life include pocket breads and waffles.