Big Sur Vegan Tacos™
By Zesty Planet
- 1 Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Corn or Sprouted Grain Tortilla
- 1 Layer of Avocado, (first layer, pressed/smashed into tortilla)
- 2 tbsp. Soaked and Sprouted Organic Forbidden Black Rice (Lotus Foods)
- 2 tbsp. Homemade Sauerkraut (see zestyplanet.org for recipe)
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in quarters (marinated in curry powder & cayenne)
- 1 tbsp. Dulse Leaves (seaweed, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables)
- 1 tbsp. Sprouted Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, crushed by hand (Garden of Eatin')
- 1 Red Leaf Lettuce (to cover/seal taco)
*All 100% Organic Ingredients.
- Soak Organic Forbidden Black Rice in a glass container for 24 hours. It blooms faster if kept in warmer temperatures. For a faster, fuller bloom, keep soaking rice in a dehydrator at 100ºF overnight.
- ZP's Smoked Sauerkraut. Prepare in 2-quart glass jar five (5) days prior to making tacos.
- Press 2 tbsp Avocado onto Tortilla, spread evenly.
- Next, add 2 tbsp of Sprouted Rice.
- Add layer of Sauerkraut.
- Top with 3 curry-cayenne-marinated Tomato slices.
- Tear Dulse Leaves and layer evenly over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a top layer of crushed blue corn tortilla chips; adjust quantity in proportion to desired crunch factor ratio.
- Tear large red leaf lettuce and cover taco to seal in ingredients.
- Serve with paper towel...it's going to be juicy!
Notes: We wanted to promote the Vegan lifestyle to our friends while camping in Big Sur, CA. So we came up with a new taco recipe that everyone (non-vegans, vegetarians and high-raw folks alike) could enjoy. We hope you like it too!